Dear students, scholars and researchers
Greetings from the Centre for Innovation in Medical Engineering (CIME), University of Malaya!
We have extended our full paper submission deadline to 30th June 2017. Please find the call for papers below. I hope you can help help distribute this information to your networks
Call for Papers: 2nd Conference for Innovation in Biomedical Engineering and Life Sciences (ICIBEL2017)
It is our pleasure to invite you to submit papers to the 2nd International Conference for Innovation in Biomedical Engineering and Life Sciences (ICIBEL2017), 10-13 December 2017, Penang Malaysia, organized by the Centre for Innovation in Medical Engineering (CIME), University of Malaya and co-organized by the Malaysian Society of Medical and Biological Engineering (MSMBE).
The full paper submission deadline has been extended to 30th June 2017
This conference is endorsed by International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE, USA). IFMBE Proceedings is published by Springer and indexed by ISI Proceedings (Thomson Reuters), Scopus, Scimago and Google scholar.
The ICIBEL2017 conference aims to promote the latest researches and developments related to the integration of the Engineering technology in medical fields and life sciences. The conference will consist of keynote lectures, 4 parallel symposiums with invited and contributed oral presentations as well as forums by the invited speakers. The symposiums are:
· Symposium on Medical Devices & Clinical Healthcare
· Symposium on Biomechanics, Ergonomics & Rehabilitation
· Symposium on Telemedicine & Point of Care Healthcare Solutions
· Symposium on Biosensing & Life Sciences
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished papers on topics covered by the above symposium.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be indexed by ISI-Web of Science and will be part of the IFMBE Proceedings series, published by Springer. Extended versions of selected papers presented at the conference will be considered for publication in the Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing (MBEC) Journal (ISI, Q2, JCR2016). CPD points awarded by Board of Engineers Malaysia to the participant of this conference.
Three parallel workshops, (i) Electrical Safety on Medical Location and (ii) Biosensors, will be conducted on the 10th of December.
Full paper submission deadline:
May 31, 2 017 30th June 2017 (Extended deadline)
Notification of acceptance: September 30, 2017
Final author’s registration: October 31, 2017
Workshop: December 10, 2017
Conference Dates: December 11 - 13, 2017
Early Bird Discount Deadline: October 31, 2017
· Best Paper in Life Sciences
· Best Paper in Engineering
· Best Paper in Medical
· Best Presentation
· Young Investigator Award
List of confirmed speakers include:
· Chancellor's Prof. Marc Madou (University of California, Irvine)
· Scientia Professor Nigel Lovell (University of New South Wales)
· Prof. Toshiyo Tamura (Osaka Electro-Communication University)
· Prof. James Goh Cho Hong (President of Biomedical Engineering Society (Singapore)/ President of IFMBE.
· Prof. Nitish Thakor (Director of the Singapore Institute for Neurotechnology, SiNAPSE)
· Prof. Jafri Main (Director Center for Neuroscience Services and Research (P3Neuro), USM)
· Prof. Awg Bulgiba Awg Mahmud (Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and International) and Professor of Public Health (Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit) in the University of Malaya)
· Prof Rofina Yasmin Othman (Director, University of Malaya Centre for Innovation & Commercialization)
· Prof. Dr. Vickneswaran A/l Mathaneswaran (Neurosurgeon, University Malaya)
· Prof Zaidi Mohd Ripin (Director of The Vibration Lab, School of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia)
For more information please refer to the attached brochure or visit ICIBEL2017 website: http://cime.my/icibel-2017/
We look forward to having you with us in Penang
Prof Ir Dr Fatimah Ibrahim
Centre for Innovation in Medical Engineering (CIME)
Faculty of Engineering
University of Malaya
50603, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA